What you need:
-100 ft of Construction Plastic (I think about $50 at Home Depot, but reusable)
-3-4 bottles Baby Oil or Suave Hair Conditioner (about $1 each)
-Access to a waterhose
We started in the backyard on flat ground, but decided after a little while to take it out front and use the neighbor's yard who doesn't live there anymore. (Yay for us!) It turned out great! We ran out of baby oil after a while and the slide was getting kind of rough, so we went inside and got an old bottle of cheap conditioner to put on the plastic. I think it actually worked a little better than the baby oil.
In this movie you will see, Johnny, Shelly, Liza, and Chris all go down the slip and slide one after another. (Ross, Liza's boyfriend, is holding the tarp for them.)
Unfortunately, Doug and I didn't have our suits, so we did not participate... next time.
These are awesome! Love all the find from under the desk. I bet you can have BYU reissue that check, but not sure. Pretty sure the bank will not cash it. We've done a home-made slip n slide like that too, but we just used water on the plastic, and it worked great.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're keeping busy and having fun!