I know it's been a while since Easter, but I was cleaning out my camera and found these pictures. When we moved in our house three years ago, Doug started a tradition of doing Easter baskets for each other. We skipped last year because we were in Hawaii, but luckily I remembered this year in enough time to get the good Easter candy before it was all sold out. This year for Easter, I put a basket together for Doug with the following: a year's supply of Cadbury Cream Eggs, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce, and eggs filled with Sixlets and Starburst Jelly Beans. My Easter basket had all of the same stuff basically except I got 6 stargazer lily bulbs. These are my FAVORITE flowers and the same kind that I had in my bouquet on our wedding day. (He planted them for me too!)
We then had a yummy breakfast of eggs, waffles, and grits with strawberries. I always hated grits growing up and would never touch the stuff well... because it was too gritty. Doug happens to LOVE grits, so I make them for him pretty often. So, now I've actually started to develop a taste for the stuff. I must be getting old.
I taught the Easter lesson to the Sunbeams at church. My lesson was on the Resurrection, a pretty tricky topic for 3-4 year olds. I started off the lesson by letting them talk about their morning so they could get it all out of their systems. I then explained that we would NOT be talking about the Easter bunny or Easter eggs or candy and that we WOULD be talking about Jesus. They nodded and seemed to listen very well through the lesson. They particularly enjoyed the whole glove/hand, body/spirit part of the lesson. In the end, we had some downtime, so the parent in the room asked them what they learned. The only response... "Easter bunny!" ...yeah.
We had those same eggs! I thought they were so funny! And I've never had grits, but maybe I should give them a try...
ReplyDelete