While we were in the area, we decided to go strawberry picking at Higson's Farm. Doug went there as a kid and has some very fond memories. While we were driving there, Doug scared me by suddenly putting on his brakes, pulling over, and running out of the car. He came back with this!
Meet Turtle... I didn't know that it was in Doug to be rescuer of turtles, but apparently it is. He picked him up and returned him to a nearby stream safe from cars.
Minutes later, we arrived at Higson's Farm. We had been wanting to go here to pick strawberries for a while, but I believe the family that runs the farm is Seventh Day Adventist or something, so their Sabbath is on Saturday. Since our Sabbath is on a Sunday, it makes it hard to get in on a normal weekend. Thank goodness for four day weekends!
Here are some pictures of Doug and I while we're picking strawberries. This isn't the most flattering picture of me. Doug usually wakes up a full hour before me and by the time I was awake, he was up and ready, rearing to go. I wasn't going to let him go strawberry picking without me so, I just left with him at that moment. I'm wearing what I wore to bed the night before. I haven't showered, brushed my hair, put on make up, or do any of the other stuff I usually do to make myself public friendly.
Not many people these days drive yellow cars.


No comments:
Post a Comment