Sunday, March 7, 2010

We're Going on Vacation to...


HAWAII!


Doug and I will have been married for 5 years this coming May and we have not gone on a single vacation since our honeymoon. The combination of being cheap thrifty and work-a-holics has left us vacationless for the last five years. I think I've taken like 3 days total, sick or personal, the 3 years that I've been working for Loudoun County. Doug's been putting in so much overtime lately that he's started to convert it into vacation.

Two of my kajillion 6 sisters live in Hawaii and I am so stoked to see them! We're going to be staying with my amazing sister, Bekah, and her family on Oahu. I'll get to see my little sister, Kate, and my two adorable nephews! Our would've-been-hotel-money can go to some fun things like snorkeling, scuba diving, and whatever else we decide on.

We're leaving the 29th of March (during my spring break) and won't be back until April 7th! I have a student teacher starting tomorrow in my classroom, so hopefully I won't need to write detailed lesson plans for the 3 extra days that I'll need to take off. I have a hard time leaving my class (as evidenced by the lack of taking off for the last 3 years) but I realized that I just needed to do it.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! Send the warmth my way!!! What is Kate doing in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what a difference a vacation can make, especially when you've been working so hard, for so long--I know you'll have a wonderful time!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! How exciting! Wish I could come too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... what is Kate doing in Hawaii? Well, she's been there for over 2 years now. I hope she let's me know when she finally figures it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!! We loved Hawaii!! That is where we went on our honeymoon. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete