Friday, July 8, 2011

School Year in Review

So on the last day of school, I had a student bring me a card. It was the picture to the right with a sweet letter on the back. It came in a bag with some sweet beach gear for the summer. :) The picture is from the FIRST day of school before I really got to know this student and her wonderful family. I don't know why, but I got all teary and sentimental as soon as I pulled it out of the bag and saw it.

I had completely forgotten that her mom had taken this picture, but I remember what I was thinking the day that she took it. Even though you can't tell by my face, I was completely overwhelmed and worried about the school year ahead of me. I was worried about meeting my 28 new students. I wanted to be able to make a special place in my heart for each one of them and make them feel loved and special this school year. I just worried that it would be too much. I was worried about my new job as team lead for fourth grade. Would I be letting people down this year because I couldn't do it all? I was wondering if this would be my last year teaching.

When I saw this picture, all of that played quickly in my mind with the school year as it played out included. And then I thought,

WE MADE IT!

It was a great school year. BOTH the kiddos and I learned and grew so much this school year. I just feel lucky that it's my job to work with these kids and teach them.

I love teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment