The next couple of days of our vacation, we went to Jamestown and then to some historical sights in Richmond. I was ready to be done with the learning (I'm a great teacher, I know!) so Doug and I escaped down to Virginia Beach a day ahead of his family.
The last time we went to Virginia beach was in the off season. Here are some pictures of us then. This was from earlier in 2008 BEFORE I started a blog. Aren't we so young!
We really enjoyed ourselves that time, so we were really looking forward to it this time. We were able to get a reservation at one of the THREE Marriott hotels along the beach for a somewhat decent rate with Doug's government discount.
We went ahead and ate at the same place we had eaten at during the off season. It's this
restaurant that is on the bottom floor of the Hilton hotel. You can request a seat outside and you're facing the ocean and about 20 feet from the beach. Apparently their menu prices change in the off season. Last time we went it cost us $30 for two meals and an appetizer. This time it cost us more than twice that much for basically the same stuff. I think our next visit will be in October like it was last time.
The beach was great. Doug and I both sat and read on the beach after dinner. I finally was able to finish the last book of the series, Hunger Games. I really enjoyed that series! We then walked and collected lots of shells. We don't really spend too much on souvenirs, but we do like to collect shells and put them in decorative glass jars. Doug fed the seagulls goldfish crackers. Here are some pictures from this last trip.
So anyways, Doug's family joined us at the beach the next day. I taught Lexi, Doug's little sister how to boogie board and then we built a sandcastle together. I was also able to meet my sister and her kids who actually live in Virginia Beach for lunch that day as well. Overall it was a lot of fun. I love the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment