My inlaws are in DC on this HOT day and I am home with Leah. I decided to get my exercise in, but Leah woke up the second I was in my work out clothes and pushed play. I decided I would just preview the second 10 day portion of the 30 Day Shred while I bounced Leah and walked around the first floor. Leah fell asleep about 5 minutes in and now I'm sitting on the couch eating a cookie while I preview and blog. I'm in trouble!
Up until this point, I had been doing great! By Day 5 or 6, I had started feeling like I was actually doing the exercises right. I was doing the more "advanced" version of all the exercises except the push ups... I can only do the modified version.
On Sunday (Day 5), I was getting out of the car and my left knee felt kind of out of place and hurt and I had to have Doug carry Leah into the house. I had already done my work out earlier that morning, so I didn't miss a day. By Day 8, my left knee started bothering me during the exercises so I just made sure not to push it too hard.
On Day 9, my grandma arrived in town and the first thing she said when she saw me was about how quickly I had lost the baby weight. (I'm still about 3 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight and none of my pants fit me, but it was a nice compliment.)
I finished Day 10 yesterday and I felt strong and optimistic. I felt like I could have done the whole work out again back-to-back.
Back to my current reality... My knee is hurting even watching this! A lot of the exercises are pretty high impact. I'm going to do it because I don't give up, but I will probably only be able to do the modified versions.
Tomorrow is Leah's baby blessing and I have a lot of family in town so exercise (besides the mile plus that I walk each night with Leah) will have to wait until my house is empty again.
On a more positive note, I ordered two maxi dresses online from Target and they are supposed to arrive today! They should both work well long term with breastfeeding. I'm hoping one of them fits, so I can have something that isn't skin tight to wear to Leah's blessing.
Update: Leah was napping a little longer than usual, so I went ahead and did level 2. The good news is that I didn't die and my knees are still intact. (I even did 1 "advanced" move!) I'm feeling good. I think I can do this!

No comments:
Post a Comment