Every morning, Doug wakes up before the alarm and is out of the house to go to work before 5 am, yes 5 AM. I usually stumble out of bed really quickly to give him a kiss before he leaves and then jump back into my warm bed and promptly return to sleep for 10-15 minutes until the alarm clock goes off. (Every minute of sleep I can get, I will take it!) Unlike my husband, waking up is especially difficult for me and it usually takes a couple "taps" on the snooze before I am actually out of bed.
As of lately, as soon as my alarm clock goes off, Lucky and Darwin have been coming into the room and promptly laying on top of me, Lucky on my feet and Darwin on my chest. They both purr really loudly and give me THE eyes that say, "DON'T LEAVE!" I can barely physically move (Lucky is quite the large, not fat, but large cat) and Darwin is so dang cute that it hurts me emotionally to move his little kitten body off of me. Believe me, I don't want to move because its freak'n feels like its 10 degrees outside my bed...so I just lay there and don't get up until the last possible moment. I've only had time to shower every OTHER day this week instead of every day and I barely make it to school before my students are in the classroom.
My cats are plotting against me. They don't want me to go to work.
What's weird is that I could swear on my life that I posted a comment yesterday, but it is not showing. Your cats are funny, and that kitten is so cute! It is hard to be on break and that not and get up in the morning. Maybe a little blessing will come this year and then you can be up during the night and sleep in the morning!
ReplyDelete