So, I just read my last two blog postings and they were SOO negative. I am a very positive person, I believe, so I just had to write something to cancel out the negativity.
This last weekend, Doug and I spent a wonderful and relaxing weekend at Doug's grandma's house in Romney. Wonderful home cooked food, fireplace pies, and well just sitting around enjoying the countryside. It's quite the trip back home so Doug and I get a lot of time to talk which sadly has not been as much as we would like to recently.
We started to reminisce the early days of our marriage...
It's now been 4 years this coming May since we got married. The summer we were hitched we subletted (illegally, we found out a later) an apartment in a high rise building in Arlington, so Doug would have an easy commute to his internship. I found a job very quickly at a local restaurant as a waitress. We slept on an inflatable mattress for 3 months while we lived there. Yes, I can't even believe it looking back... an INFLATABLE mattress. I also was robbed in broad daylight on my way back from work during this time period. I don't really remember complaining of the trials of this time. I think both of us were just tickled to be married to one another.
Before we left on our trip that summer back west, Doug's relatives forced some money into our hands, "just in case." On our drive back west, with no previous car issues at all, the car broke down twice and had a tire blow out. We didn't have a cell phone at the time. One of the times we were stranded on the side of the road in Middle of Nowhere, Nebreska in the dark. I started flagging down cars and within 15 minutes, someone (non-crazy) pulled over to help us AND gave us $120 cash to help us along the way. Also in Nebraska, a crazy woman ran out in front of the car in the dark while we were driving at about 80 mph. Fortunately we were able to dodge her and report the incident to the police at the next gas station. Two SCARY hotels later, a new tire, a new alternator, and an unsure diagnosis from the last mechanic, we finally made it to Utah in ONE piece. We were very blessed!
Doug and I have a wonderful and adventurous life together and even though we have our occasional speed bumps along the way, I am still thankful for (just about) every day of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment