Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Addition!

Doug's dad was visiting this last weekend and they decided to go to visit grandma for the weekend. While they were out on a walk, they saw a man walking his dog being followed by a kitten. When Doug and his dad remarked on how funny it was that the cat followed him while he walked the dog, the man told him that he didn't know who the cat belonged to. It turns out that the county/city where grandma lives has a rule that if you feed an animal it becomes yours. So... no one was feeding this poor kitten and it was running alongside a busy road. Doug and his dad decided to take it home to save it from being roadkill. I got a call Sunday afternoon... and well the rest is history.

Doug named her Daisy. The name isn't sticking with me quite yet, but I think it will in time. She's very dainty and she purrs as soon as you pick her up. Her purr is so loud that you can hear it across the room easily. When she chases the blanket monster, (a favorite activity for all of our cats) she actually bites the blanket and gets fuzz in her mouth. She's really quite cute!

Darwin and Lucky took some time to get used to her. Lucky has found a permanent hiding place in the laundry room and Darwin and Daisy have been running around the house like crazies all evening. I followed them around for a while with my camera trying to get some shots where they weren't all blurry.

Which one should I put in my sidebar as a picture of Daisy?




5 comments:

  1. The last picture is my favorite! That is really nice of you guys to take the kitten in. She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my vote is for #3. She looks ready to kiss your face or something. SO cute.
    I wish i could talk john into rescuing kitties, dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say #1. I like to think that she is looking at me as if I were a mouse. Interesting perspective. Also, you are turning into a cat lady haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason votes for the last one. All of them are cute. You guys are so nice to take in the stray kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is #3! I'm glad she's fitting in--Daisy is really a cutie!! Should I send a baby gift? ;-)

    ReplyDelete