Here's my binary birthday cake. Binary works right to left instead of left to right like we read. I don't know why there are 9 candles instead of 6, but Doug seemed to know what he was doing.
Also, this Friday my class threw me a surprise birthday party. I really had no clue! My room moms met us at the bathroom on the way back from lunch. I got really worried and thought that they had rescheduled the Valentine's Day party that was canceled from the snow without telling me. One of them talked to me in the hall so I was the last one in the classroom. When I walked in the door all of the kids yelled, "Surprise!" I'm pretty sure that none of them had a clue (except for the 2 kids whose moms were involved). Kids basically stink at keeping secrets, but it was great!
The reason why I mention this is because I got this awesome spur of the moment present from one of my students...
Happy Birthday! Yeah, you're right. They didn't have a clue (at least not Mason). I'm sure it would have leaked! Glad it was a good one! You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteSo I read Cody this post and he laughed and then informed me that he could count in binary to 1023. Wow! was all I could say. Happy late birthday!
ReplyDelete