Sunday, February 21, 2010

*Warning* Pyrex May Explode

The other night I decided to make Ritzy Chicken for dinner. I was really excited about it. It was a recipe that my mother in law gave to me probably about 4 years ago, but I had never gotten around to making it. I just was too busy preparing extravagant meals EVERY night... NOT! The sad truth is that I prepare an actual meal about 1-2 times every 2 weeks.

I threw together the ingredients really quickly because this recipe is a breeze. I even remembered to preheat the oven. I put it in the oven and came back when the timer beeped 30 minutes later to this...


KABLOOEY!


The Pyrex exploded while it was cooking! I had never had this happen to me before and it has definitely made me a little weary about cooking with Pyrex in the future.

Simple Recipe for EXPLODING Ritzy Chicken:

1) Cup up 3-4 pieces of chicken.
2) Spread chicken along bottom of bottom of an 8x10 Pyrex dish.
3) Mix 1 Can Cream of Chicken and an 8 oz container of sour cream.
4) Spread this mix over the chicken.
5) Crush up a sleeve of Ritz crackers and sprinkle it on top.
6) Drizzle 1/4 cup of melted butter over crushed Ritz crackers.
7) Bake for 30 minutes at 350°
8) Enjoy! (Unless it explodes and is full of glass slivers.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I've also heard that this is a good recipe, but never heard of it having that kind of an affect on a Pyrex dish--I thought it was supposed to be your stomach that felt like "exploding" after you'd eaten too much! :-)

    By the way, other than the exploding chicken, I'm jealous of your clean oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...that's because it doesn't get used very often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. It still looks so delicious even with the glass shreads!!:) I'm glad you clarified your cooking habits. I was totally picturing you as Betty Crocker when I saw this on your FB.

    ReplyDelete