Doug's been looking at S2000's since... well forever ago. I think his dad took him to a car show when we was around 17. He sat in a yellow S2000 and fell in love immediately. In January of last year, Honda announced that it would be discontinuing the S2000 in 2009. He decided at that point to start an extra savings account to put money in every month for a "fun car" purchase.
He's been looking online through craigslist and autotrader to find the S2000 that was the right price, the right mileage, and hopefully the right color. The right color would be yellow. Why yellow? For those of you that know my husband, you may know that he is colorblind. Basically everything he sees is in gray scale like an old black and white TV, except for the color yellow.
Doug found the listing for a yellow S2000 on craigslist Friday morning this last week. We went to go check it out yesterday... and it was perfect! We put a deposit down on the car and he's picking it up this Friday. He's really excited and basically at the point of shock and disbelief. Here is a picture of the actual car.
For those of you that are wondering what I think about this purchase, I want you to know that I actually encouraged and pushed for it. Doug has been working like crazy for our family. He has been putting back significant amounts of his paycheck every month for my dreams the last 5 years that we have been married. It has been his dream since he was a teenager and as far as I am considered, he has earned it with all his hard work.
I know that it only has two seats and I definitely have plans for a life that involved more people in our family than will fit into 2 seats. We have 2 other reliable cars with enough seats, so I think we'll be okay for a while. For right now I have a husband that is literally floating on top of the world.
My first plans for the car... driving to Washington DC this next weekend to go to the 44th Annual Smithsonian Kite Festival. Then we're off to Hawaii on Monday for the next 9 days. It almost seems too good to be true!


That is awesome! I remember Doug loving that car. What a fun toy and what fun plans for Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great! My husband finally got his dream car (a jeep) last year. I feel the same way as you. He worked hard for it. He deserves it. On top of that, my willingness to support him in buying it makes him a lot more willing to give in to my wants as well. That was just an added bonus! Congrats to both of you! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. I'm excited for both of you.
ReplyDeletecoolest thing ever!!!! tell doug congrats. and have so much fun driving that thing! seriously i dont know anything about cars, that's james' department, but if it LOOKS cool...it IS cool in my book. haha.
ReplyDeletei like that it is yellow.
have fun in paradise!!!!