Monday, June 21, 2010

School's Out!

The school year ended this last Friday.  Life has been crazy!  I don't think I actually slept last week.  Not only was last week, the last week of school, but it was also when I scheduled my Activity Day Girl's Etiquette dinner.  We hosted about 22 people for dinner and it actually turned out really well.  The other Activity Day Girl's leader went to culinary school so dinner was amazing.  I didn't take pictures, but you'll just have to believe me that it was nice.

All of Thursday night I worked on my classroom DVD.  I've been doing a DVD as an end of the year present to my students all of the years that I've been teaching. I take pictures throughout the whole school year and then put them to music on a slideshow on the DVD.  I look forward to creating it all year!  This year I created my fourth DVD.  I have to say that it was my best one yet.  Here is a picture of my DVD.  I can't actually show you the whole slideshow and you probably wouldn't be interested in watching pictures of my fourth graders anyways. 


I miss my class already.  I was shucking some corn for Doug's Father's day dinner last night and I was thinking that I should bring in an ear of corn and talk about how it was pollinated with my class.  Then I remembered that the school year was over.  I can't believe these kiddos won't be in my class anymore.  I guess I should be used to it now being that this is the fourth group of kids I've taught, but I'm not.  Putting the DVD together was pretty crazy because you could physically see how much they had grown this school year.  I guess I'm going through teaching withdrawal.  I'll have a new group of kiddos in no time!

Maybe I'll have time to actually blog now that school is out and I am on summer break!

3 comments:

  1. I like the paint.

    I LOVE the new header.

    now I'm caught up. haha. I think it's so nice of you to do a DVD for your kids. I bet they love that so much. I would have a hard time saying goodbye to kids as well. I teach sunday school (teens)and even THAT was hard for me, getting a new class this year. But what can I say? kids just pull you in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! Mason put the DVD in as soon as we were home, and we all watched together. Mason bounced with excitement through the whole thing.:) What a great memento for an awesome year. Words can't describe how grateful I am to you for your patience and kindness throughout the year. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Mason enjoyed the DVD! I look forward to making that thing the whole year. I always wonder if the kids ever watch it at home or if it gets put in the bottom of their bookbag only to make it's way into the trashcan eventually. Glad to hear that someone actually watches it! :)

    ReplyDelete