Thursday, June 10, 2010

We Painted

Doug and I finally got around to painting his office on Memorial Day weekend.  We went with a deep blue color.  I like how it looks, but we're definitely going to need more light in the room.  It looks great during the day when the blinds are open and tons of sun is shining in.  When its night time, it can seem like a black hole.  I'm happy with the deep color, but I think this is the last deep color we will paint with.  It took four coats for the blue and then I screwed it all up by waiting too long to take the tape off.  It peeled a little at the top.  I told Doug that this means we need to put in crown moldings because I'm not repainting...

Here are some pictures.  We still are looking for a good desk to go in Doug's office.  I want to get an L-shaped desk with lots of space.  Unfortunately those can be pretty pricey so we're keeping an eye out for sales.

I haven't taken a picture of the room yet without the tape on, but here is what it basically looks like.

 




2 comments:

  1. I like the color. I bet that took forever though! We waited too long to take the tape off too last time we painted...yeah I have fixed it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very professional. Did you ever get to see those decorating plans that Morgan sketched for your house?

    ReplyDelete