Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Schedulitis

Define: Schedulitis:
  • A disease which primarily affects those on a strict schedule.  It is primarily troublesome for those that were raised in a home setting with no real schedule and have the genetic predisposition to be at least five minutes late to everything.  Positive side effects include having a solid eight hours of sleep a night, getting sick less, and enjoying higher mental functioning.  Negative side effects include waking up before freakin' five o'clock in the morning and not having enough time to fully blow dry hair.

Doug and I started commuting probably about two months ago.  My husband is all about sticking to a schedule.  Something that I never did my whole life before him.  So for all of those that want to know about my extravagantly scheduled life, I will go through my daily schedule because you care...

4:58am - The alarm goes off. (We probably left at 5:32am one day, so it was bumped up.)

5:30am - Pull out of the garage

6:00am - Doug drops me off at my school.  (Only a 30 minute commute!)

...Work for Doug and I...

3:15pm - Doug picks me up. (We're home in 45 minutes to an hour because of traffic.)

4:15pm - Make Dinner/Pack Lunches

5:00pm - Dinner

...Watch a TV show, computer time, reading, or chores...

8:00pm - Read

8:30pm - Lights Out!

It's actually gotten to the point where I wake up about 2 or so minutes before the alarm goes off.  Sometimes this schedule stuff makes me feel crazy.  Like it's against my nature or something.  I wonder if this will change with time or if it will always make me feel this way.  I'm pretty sure that not having a schedule would be against Doug's nature.

Some great things about commuting:
  • Extra talking time in the car
  • No waiting for the car to heat up in the winter
  • Curbside pick-up
  • Gas savings/Car maintenance savings
  • I don't have to drive.

Not-so-great things about commuting:
  • Doug's road rage toward just about any vehicle in front of him.
  • Learning to be on time.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your posts Jen. I grew up kind of unscheduled too and always at least 5 minutes late. In fact in my early twenties I think I had a phobia of being too early.:) I'm over that now, and try to be on time. Good for you two on getting in bed early. I do the 5:00am wake up, but don't usually go to bed until 11 or 12. Not wise!! But I do take naps with my 3 yr old, so that helps.:) Funny how we end up marrying people that are quite a bit different from us.:)

    ReplyDelete