In an attempt to try to be interesting people and do interesting things, Doug and I went to the International Spy Museum in Washington DC. We got a great deal on tickets and decided to go for it. It was tons of fun and I totally recommend it. We took on secret identities, underwent training, and then went on a top secret mission. Unfortunately though, they didn't allow photography, so our experience was picture-less. We got t-shirts and free key chains that say, "Deny Everything."
We walked around for a little while in DC. I really can't understand why someone would want to live in a city. I just felt unsafe the whole time. Maybe I was still in spy mode... We walked to Chinatown which is right around the corner from the Spy Museum and ate had some authentic Chinese food. (Is it authentic if it's in Chinatown and not China?) Every single time we ordered something off the menu, she would respond, "Anything else? ...anything else? ...anything else?" in her accent. My sesame chicken was really good. Doug's noodily swamp of chicken something or other made my stomach turn just looking at it.
I'm already planning all of things that I am going to do this summer. I have a to do list on my phone. Some ideas include staying in a Bed and Breakfast in Berkeley, WV; going camping at New Germany State Park; driving Skyline Drive and going to Luray Caverns; seeing the baby leopards at the National Zoo; and maybe a trip to somewhere outside of the states... I started the paperwork for a passport, not because I have plans, just because I WANT to have plans. Also included on my to do list is making my house more homey by doing things like painting and maybe buying a few decorative items. I'm seriously thinking about offering babysitting or tutoring in exchange for someone to tell me how to decorate my house. That's right... just tell me how to do it. I'm indecisive and the amount of decisions that I will need to make might kill me. I just want it done.
I just need to the weather to warm up soon. Spring, where are you?

No comments:
Post a Comment