Thursday, May 7, 2009

Activity Days

My calling in church right now is in the Primary with the Activity Days girls. I work with the 8-11 year old girls on the first and third Tuesday each month. On Tuesday this week, we had a "T-Party" because we've been focusing on testimonies, talents, and temples as of lately. The girls' moms were invited and we had played a little mother/daughter newlywed-ish game. I unexpectedly needed to run the activity because the other leader's 3 little ones all got sick the day before. It worked out okay, even though it kind of stressed me out taking over such a big activity on short notice (the day before)... but I understand that kids get sick and it's never convenient.

Anyways, the reason I'm blogging about this is because I actually did something somewhat crafty for like the FIRST time in my life and I wanted to show it off a little. We had each one of the girls write a compliment about the other girls in Activity days. I combined all of the individual compliments onto a little bookmark for each one of the girls. Most of them probably will be crumpled up into a corner of their room shortly, but hopefully it will ne meaningful to just one of them.

Here are some pictures of them:



1 comment:

  1. Remember when OUR leaders used to make cute things for us and we saved them? Didn't you save everyone of them? Hopefully they will use your adorable crafty bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete