I was at Walmart a couple weeks ago going grocery shopping and quickly browsed the shoe aisle for any deals. I had been looking for some quick slip-on shoes for getting mail and watering the garden. I found some cheap $1 Walmart "crocs." They were pretty ugly, but they worked for their purpose.
That very night, mere hours later, I was woken up a couple times by some weird chewing sound. It finally woke me up enough to check on what Darwin was getting into. He had chewed up my BRAND new shoes. They were ugly and only a dollar, so I wasn't too upset.

A couple weeks later, my sister Bekah came into town visiting from Hawaii and we went shopping together. She bought me these great flip flops (or slippers as they call them in Hawaii). I had been looking for a while, but I couldn't find any that were comfortable. Most of the bottoms are too hard, but this brand called "Rocket Dog" are super comfortable. I was so excited about my new flip flops, but later that night...

You think I would have learned the first time...
We keep all of the shoes in the laundry room/garage entry anyways, but now I have to keep the door closed for the safety of my shoes. I still wear both pairs of shoes. They now just have a little more character than new shoes usually have.
No comments:
Post a Comment