Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sumo Doug and Jenny

Our next door neighbors are party fiends. They have three kids and whenever they have a birthday party it is major business. Two weeks ago, their son turned 7 and they had a huge party which included an inflatable obstacle course, customized tool aprons for all of the kids, a cotton candy machine, and more. We had a blast, but I never went back home to grab my camera, so we don't have pictures.

Doug helped by running the cotton candy machine. He was quite the hit at the party. There were lines of kids asking for cotton candy. One of them even asked Doug if he worked for the circus! :)

So last night, their daughter turned 14. They rented the inflatable sumo suits with the wrestling ring. Doug and I went ahead a tried them out. I could barely move in the thing. Whenever Doug knocked me down it took two people to get me back up and standing.

We're glad we have such interesting neighbors!

Doug and I looking tough!

Before I kicked Doug's butt.

Our neighbor Gustavo helped me out a bit by tackling Doug as I laid helplessly on the ground.

Doug spinning me around till I fell.

Getting out of the fat suits.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!!! And it reminds me of the office-- do you guys watch that?

    And don't get discouraged about the photography thing! I want to take a class too, but don't want to go by myself or spend the money. There's a lot of good info on the web- I usually just try to find pictures I like, and then find out how they took them. The Pioneer Woman link I have on my blog has a TON of good photography insight. Also, I just talk to people about their gear, how they shoot, and what settings they like to play in.

    By the way-- what kind of camera do you have? I could go on and on, but don't get discouraged. Just keep trying stuff and go with what works. And take a million pictures and delete later.

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete