Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Garden

Our garden is still growing! We've definitely had some set backs (rot in the lettuce, only one pumpkin plant, which is not good, and our cantaloupe and carrots never showed up) Its not a perfect garden, but we will improve each year.

There are quite a bit of weeds, but not near the smaller plants that can be choked out. I don't think there is a weed that can take out our corn. It's huge! The tomatoes are not caged because I was gone the weekend that they needed it and Doug said, I quote, "Tomatoes grew just fine before there were cages. Don't worry about it!"

Tomatoes!

Note to self for next year: Lettuce needs more space.

This is the tasseling stage, I believe.

Wha la!

1 comment:

  1. What, no deer/bunny/some other animal eating your garden?!?! I'm amazed! Seriously, I remember how many gardens we attempted and tried every trick to keep the critters out! I a impressed!

    ReplyDelete

The corn is so tall!