Yesterday at work Doug gave his 2 weeks notice. He gave notice to his boss and luckily it went pretty smoothly. He went to his desk to sit down and get back to work. Within minutes he gets a call from the VP. Apparently his boss had called the director who called the VP who called the CIO. The CIO is some guy who heads all of information technology for his company (his boss's boss like 5 times over). Before the end of the day, Doug had a meeting scheduled with some pretty high up people. They gave him some counter offers to try to keep him. I'm pretty sure that he's made up his mind already about what he'll do.
So long for trying to make a quiet exit...
WOW. That's amazingly impressive. Doug must be one smart cookie if they want him that bad. Whenever I've quit, they say "oh, we can't get you to stay?" and that's as much effort as was ever put into it. ;o) haha. But maybe I'm just behind...what is he going to do now?
ReplyDeleteps - your picture of LUCKY scares the crap out of me. but Darwin looks sweet.
ReplyDelete