Friday, February 20, 2009

The Dog Ate My Homework

...literally

Here is a picture of an actual homework assignment that was turned into me the other week. The name wasn't on the paper.. apparently the dog got that part. I knew from the handwriting already though. Little Fact: Did you know that I can distinguish the handwriting of all students in my classroom(24 this year) by about 8 weeks into school? Teachers can even read doctor handwriting!

On the side is a note from mom. I scratched out their phone number. Mom and I had a nice chuckle about it. When I talked to her son, he looked at me with big worried eyes and said, "Well, it's done isn't it?"



Another funny story unrelated to this one. Yesterday in class we were playing a game where the students work on distinguishing nouns from adjectives. Two students stand up in front of the class, one says a noun and the other one needs to use an adjective to describe it. The can't say "um" and they have to think of it fast. If they can't, they're out and someone else from the class switches in.

During our game, one student supplied the noun "TEACHER" and the other student quickly replied with the adjective "HUMONGOUS!"

Needless to say, he was OUT. We had a good laugh as a class and I gave them some better ideas of adjectives to describe the teacher (intelligent, beautiful, etc...)

Oh, a day in the life of a teacher!

1 comment:

  1. hey look at you mrs. blogger! I didn't know you had a blog either. That one is just my photography blog. I have one about James, Grace and I or whatever I feel like writing about at the moment. Anyway I like this picture. haha. that's pretty funny. Oh and just so you know, my photo blog is meant for people to criticize my work so I can get better. so if you have comments on the photos please let me know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete