Doug and I went on two double dates with my parents on Saturday. We started off the morning with a nice breakfast at the new IHOP in Charles Town. We had a coupon for 20% off and my dad really wanted to try out the place. To reserve your place in line, they give you note cards with the names of famous people. Ours said "George Bush" and there were some comments from others saying, "You might want to trade that one in." My dad then announced to everyone within earshot that, "I like the guy!" and it became pretty quiet. My mom and I both had some yummy stuffed french toast and Doug and dad both got eggs. We had a blast just hanging out and talking with my parents. It was a good time.
Then we went to my parents house so I could use the internet to continue my research on houses. I've found one that I like a lot, but the taxes are pretty high. Here is a link to it. It's a good $33,000 less than our current house, but we need to find out more about the taxes which are very pricey and can make the difference in your mortgage payment. It will probably be gone by the time we are ready to sell, but I was excited to find something that I liked. At this point, Doug has pretty much decided that he needs to take this job for his sanity and will just do the commute for now. I'll continue searching to see if we can find a good deal on a house. He's not worried about pushing the sale of the house because he has some specialized training at the beginning of his employment that will last 5 months. That is even further away so he'll probably need to get a short term apartment or stay in a hotel for that. That will give us a little bit of time so we don't have as much pressure to sell in this market.
Doug and my dad surf many of the same websites and found a great Valentine's Day Deal on slickdeals.net for dinner for 2 at Texas Roadhouse for $30. The closest one is in Hagerstown, MD so Doug called ahead and we all jumped in my dad's Prius for the 45 min drive. We arrived to a VERY crowded restaurant, so crowded that we couldn't even find a place to park, so we had to park in a nearby lot. There was a line out the door when we arrived and it looked like we weren't going to get in. We waited in line for a couple of minutes just to get the hostess station and we getting worried when she told the couple in front of us that it would be over an hour before they would be seated. Doug went up, gave them our name, told them that we had called, and they told us we would have a table in a few minutes. One minute later, they called us and we were seated. It was nice! The meal included appetizers and some good sized steaks. The food was yummy and we left stuffed!
A good time was had by all. I told Doug that breakfast would count for Valentine's and that dinner would count for my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment