Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities!

For Easter this year, Doug and I were at my parents' house. My sister and her kids came early for their Spring Break next week. My three nieces are so much fun and my little nephew is adorable. (Except for when he spit up all over the front of my Easter dress during church...) On Saturday we decorated eggs, but we opted to watch the most recent episode of Lost instead of an Easter egg hunt. (It was just the two of us anyways!)

My nephew David

So many colors!

Some of my Easter eggs!

One of Doug's Easter Eggs!

Sunday morning, we did Easter baskets. Doug LOVES Cadbury Cream Eggs so I have been collecting them every time I go to the store. I filled Doug's Easter basket with 52 eggs, one for every week of the year! I filled the eggs with his favorites: York Peppermint Patties, Sixlets, and Mounds. I always have so much fun doing Easter baskets! My Easter basket was filled with my favorites as well: Reese's, Ramen, and Sixlets!

Our Easter baskets!

Doug's Easter Basket

My Easter Basket

We went to my parents' ward instead of our own since we had to have an early dinner. My family never does ANYTHING early, but Doug unexpectedly found out Friday that he will be starting his training three weeks early. He will now be starting today (Monday) instead.

We left my parents' house right after dinner and came home to finish his packing. I know that he only living three hours away, but it's still going to be hard living separately. I tried to be strong when he was going. I only cried a little and I only called him about three times during his drive there. He is there safe, he is unpacked, and he says the place is really nice except that it is missing a wife. :(

1 comment:

  1. I totally love that you have Ramen noodles in your Easter basket. I think if I had to choose, I'd go with yours.

    ReplyDelete