Yesterday after school, I drove over to the Sprint Store in Dulles Town Center to see if they could fix my phone. The guy really tried, but couldn't fix it. I started looking at the phones in the store and the absolute cheapest phone in the store without rebate was like $200. I wasn't going to spend that much on a phone that I didn't actually like.
I was losing it emotionally at this point, so I went outside the store to calm myself down. I sat at a table next to wall and tried desperately to get my phone to work. The phone finally got a signal and I IMMEDIATELY called Doug to update him on my situation. The phone lost the signal about 30 seconds into the conversation. I started balling. I am really not a cryer unless I'm watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition on TV. I can't remember the last time that I actually cried.
I sat there trying to look as invisible as possible so no one would notice me and pull it back together long enough to make it out to my car. The second I stepped into the parking lot, I lost it again, but luckily I got a close spot and was in the car in no time. I cried the whole 45 minutes trip home, not really because my phone was broken, but that it would be atleast ANOTHER day and night before I would get to talk to Doug. When I got home, I got online and was fortunately able to IM Doug through Gmail.
He gave me tons of solutions (like most guys do) and listened (if you can listen on messenger) to my complaining. I really just wanted to complain... not hear solutions! :P Anyways, he mentioned that I try to find an old phone I had sitting around the house until I could buy a cheaper one off Ebay. The only problem was that I did know where the phone was.
The Next Day:
This morning before leaving for work I figured that I would go look for the phone and if I found it quickly, I would activate it on my way home from work. I checked in the basement and quickly found the cell phone box. I opened it up real quick before I was heading out the door, just to check, and there was NO PHONE and NO POWERCORD in it...I just about broke down at this point. I had been praying through this whole ordeal... "Please let my phone be fixable." and then it changed to "Please let me find an inexpensive phone.", then to "Please let me just find my old phone!"
As I stood there wanting to give up, a picture appeared in my mind where the phone was. (in quite a random location actually) I immediately checked and the phone was right where I had pictured it. There was no powercord with it, so I tried random cords in the house to see if one would fit and work (probably not the smartest idea).
We happened to have lots of random cords in the house because my husband collects junk with cords. See past posting Divert Your Eyes! Check out the picture on that posting. He has ALOT of techno junk.
This is where my SECOND miracle comes in. I picked one big box that looked like it had lots of cords and reached down inside to grab one. The FIRST cord that I pulled out happened to be the charger cord for my phone! NO WAY! There were like 20 cords in just that box and probably 5 more boxes in the house just like it.
Sorry to bore you with this long post. I decided I needed to write this one down because we are quick to remember our problems and not so quick to remember our blessings. Well, me atleast.
Wow I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but I am glad you were able to have "a" phone.
ReplyDelete