Monday, June 8, 2009

OUCH! Airline Tickets

I'm in the process of getting airline tickets to a family reunion this summer in Utah. Right now it's looking like its going to be over $880 for the two of us from BWI to SLC. OUCH! Is this the normal airfare "deal" or is it higher than usual?

Any tips on finding a cheap way to fly?

4 comments:

  1. Nope, thats pretty normal for two people now a days. Where are you looking? did you try orbitz.com or travelocity? Also, did you try being flexible on the days? some days are cheaper than others. usually BWI is a cheaper airport but you might try dulles or washington... Just some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southwest has "Ding!" if you live near a hub, but it's usually only last minute deals....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southwest doesn't charge for luggage if that makes a difference. And it's not included in search results for Orbitz or Priceline or any of those search engines either, so you have to actually go to their site. But the price you got for 2 people round trip is about average, unless you look about 2 months in advance.
    John likes Priceline because he likes to name his own price, but that scares me because you can't pick anything, it just gives you whichever airline will take your bid and whatever time is convenient for them. You have no power to choose anything except how much you're willing to pay...there could be huge lay overs, 3 flights in one day, and 20 hours of "travel" one way.
    John doesn't get home till July 17th, and we'll probably be here another 2-4 weeks before we move, so i don't think we'll be in Utah when you guys will be :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly I think that is to much. I bought my sisters ticket from SLC to KY for $160 round trip on travelocity. I haven't really been looking at BWI, but I am sure you can find one cheaper! I'll keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete