Monday, July 27, 2009

Harvest Time!

The garden is turning out pretty good this year. I had a piece of corn a few weeks ago and it was delish, but I wanted to wait till Doug was able to be there to pick it so we waited and now the corn kind of tastes waxy... sad. Well it grew well, we just need to pick it earlier next year. We have tomatoes growing EVERYWHERE, so its a little crazy trying to pick them because they weren't caged. The cherry tomatoes are excellent and I love just snacking on them.



We also had some sweet peas pop up this last week. I've decided that after eating these, I haven't really had peas. My mom always got the frozen stuff and I got the even cheaper canned stuff. These are SOOO good, they don't even compare. This garden is turning out quite healthy for me because I'm finding vegetables that I like. I'm not sure if its that they taste better fresh or I'm just so excited that I actually grew something.

The garden is terribly overgrown with weeds, but I'll show you a picture of it anyways. The veggies out of it are quite yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment