Friday, July 31, 2009

Loser Day

I'm having a hard time adjusting to my summer off from teaching. I've learned something new about myself. Productivity makes me happy and feel useful and being unproductive makes me feel... the opposite. Believe me, I was happy to have the first couple days off, but after that it got a little boring. I really have to say that I admire those people who can stay home and do useful things with their time. I have discovered that I am not one of those people.

Today was the least productive day I feel like I've ever had. EVER. Last night I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching the 2nd season of Gilmore Girls. I woke up around noon... I think and then checked Facebook. Facebook can only keep a person occupied for so long. Anyways, I watched like 5 more episodes of Gilmore Girls, took another long nap, and woke up around 7pm. At this point, I decided to create a to do list of things that I could/should be doing. I accomplished like 3 things (out of like 30) on my to do list and baked a bonus pan of brownies for my dinner. I then finished up the rest of he 2nd season of Gilmore Girls. I had my daily call with Doug around 9:00 which was the only real human contact I had for the day. He mentioned something about possibly wanting cookies, but told me it was too late anyways. At around 3am I decided to make cookies. I made a lot.


Wow, what a loser day. Good thing I get to go see Doug tomorrow..uh I mean today. I have the capstone (final) project presentation for my summer class I've been taking today as well. I actually worked on it quite a bit on Wednesday and it's basically flawless and goes way beyond the requirements already so I couldn't really spend more time on it. Believe me, I tried.

The second week in August I get to start teaching Early Back, a 2 week summer program to get a small class of kids jump started for the school year. It should start keeping me busy again, thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, i had days EXACTLY like this when John was gone. Especially The Gilmore Girls part and the only human contact being the phone call with my husband parts. i would go days like that sometimes. I've been there and I know how you feel. i know your pain. It doesn't last forever is the good part. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete