Friday, March 27, 2009

Cookies in Class!

We made cookies in class today as part of our unit on customary measurement. It was lots of fun and we got cookies afterwards. My photographer was a fourth grader so we got like 2 good pictures out of 50. They're all blurry which is admittedly disappointing, but here are some of the pictures so you can see all of the fun we had!

Add 2 cups of butter crisco!


Don't forget the sugar!


Watching the cookies mix!


Add the eggs.


Put them on the cookie sheets!


For those of you that would like to try this recipe, it is AMAZING! They are the same ones my mom used to make, if you grew up with me.

Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:

Ingredients:
- 2 c Butter Shortening
- 1 ½ c White Sugar
- 1 ½ c Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 c White Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips

Procedure:
1. Open the two packages of shortening and dump into mixer
2. Put in white sugar and brown sugar
3. Crème together
4. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract
5. Blend in the salt and baking soda
6. Add flour slowly one cup at a time until the dough is thick
7. Open the bag of chocolate chips and dump in
8. Mix all together
9. Place the cookie dough in small balls on cookie sheets
10. Bake at 375° for 10-12 min

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!! And children need to learn more about cooking, they aren't taught things like that anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes (but as I have it written down on a scrap of paper, I can never find it). Bless you for putting it online!

    and yes--it looks like the kids had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the most amazing cookies ever! Braden loves it when I make them and he brings them to work and his friends there always ask if I would like another husband...um, no thanks, I'll just send the cookies. I'm glad you're still using the stuff we learned at Grandview :)

    ReplyDelete