Everything above the basement is basically my territory (besides Doug's Office) for organizing. We always joke about when I clean/organize stuff I hide it on purpose to further Doug's dependence on me for finding things. (Totally not true, but not a bad idea either.) We have unofficially divided the basement into 2 halves... HIS half and MY half. I normally don't go down to the basement, but when I do, I do my best to divert my eyes from Doug's side. What you are about to see is pretty terrifying! (for me at least)
DIVERT YOUR EYES!
Now you're probably wondering how two people have this much stuff...
Well, over 70% of the rubbermaid containers on my side are filled up with girl baby stuff from my oldest sister who can't wait for me to have kids. The other ones are holiday decorations. We like to be festive and also like to catch things when they are 75% off after holidays. All of the boxes on the side are from appliances and such that we have purchased over the years and not gotten rid of the boxes because we've moved so much.
Doug's side is mostly computer stuff/electronic gizmos that he has collected over the years. At one point in time when we were living in Provo, I found over 11 computers hidden in our TINY apartment. Only 3 were in use at the time! Even if something is not running, he likes to take it apart and see what he can use or learn from it. He needs a special room with a lock and no windows to do this in. Something detached from the house would be preferable.
I'm not saying that Doug is a total slob because he's not. He just likes to have things readily available to him. His office is better and will be a lot better once he finds the time to put in the build in bookshelf/cabinets in the room.
Do you think Doug will notice if this pile is mysteriously missing when he returns?
Doug sounds like my husband David will all the computer stuff. When I first moved in he had computer stuff stacked EVERYWHERE. Thankfully he's slimmed it down over the years!
ReplyDelete