Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Much Better!

Sorry for the rant yesterday... I really had lost it. I don't usually cry at all and that little thing for some reason totally pushed me off the edge. Today fourth grade had their planning day (we get one a year). The principal hired subs for all of 4th grade's classroom and gave us the conference room to review benchmark scores, plan new assessments, choose skills to highlight as a team, and do some planning as well.

I was really nervous about having a sub in my room, especially with today being my new student's first day. If any of you all remember school, you know that "sub days" are when kids goof off. I wanted to have a good example for my new student to be able to set the expectations at day 1. Well, I got an EXCELLENT sub who kept my room under control, completed all of my plans, and even made sure the room was nice and neat when I came back. I only spent 5 minutes cleaning! :)

The principal came down to my room at the end of the day to chat with me and see how my new student was doing. I casually joked that the only "issue" that I had with having the new student was having a desk that didn't match all of my other ones. She went and immediately got the custodian to find me a desk. He first time brought down another one that didn't match again. (I felt so bad!) I think they finally yanked one out of another classroom because they came in and tore a name tag off of a desk and gave it to me. I didn't even push it or say anything to her about how it had upset me so much.

All is right with the world, once again!


I'm not sure what I did to get in such good graces with my principal, but I'll take it. It actually really made my day to know that she cared that much. I keep on thinking that the walls of the conference room where we met today might be a little thinner than I anticipated. Her office is next door and I only told my team about my crying over the "desk incident."

Update on our little buggy situation... As soon as I got home from work on Monday, I was ready to have Doug vacuum the box elder bugs off the house. I went outside to check on the situtation to see if it had worsened and I only found like 10 bugs left on the house. There were some pretty strong wind gusts on Monday that might've done most of the job for us. That is very good because I don't think I have it in me to vacuum up more bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment