Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Still Alive...

I know I haven't posted in a while. Life is busy, blah blah blah...

First off, Doug is enjoying his new job and I am enjoying his newfound satifaction with work. The commute isn't too bad. Traffic is nonexistant and the speed limit is actually higher so it doesn't take too much longer, timewise, than his previous commute. The major negative aspect is the sheer length that he needs to drive. It may last about the same time but he is going much much further, so it's more gasoline and such. It frustrates him sometimes.

My work, well... I continue to love teaching. The other stuff is pretty yuck. I'm coming up on my yearly evaluation with the principal, so hopefully that goes well. I feel like I'm doing everything I should be so I shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

I am asking if it would be possible next year to NOT be an inclusion teacher. The last two years I have been an inclusion teacher have been full of DRAMA and there's really nothing that I hate more. Inclusion is a classroom where some students that recieve special education services are included with regular education students. I don't mind the students with IEP's at all, it's the extra stuff. Like the fact that people are constantly in your classroom while you're teaching and scheduling is a nightmare. Also, there are all kind of legal accommodations in IEP's (Individualized Education Plans) and you can get in serious trouble for not following them. Anyways, I won't bore you with more teacher talk...

Spring break is coming up! I'm getting in the doctor's appointment I need, meeting with drywall people to fix nail pops, and finally painting some of the white walls in my house. I'm having a rather difficult time picking colors because I'm artistically challenged and well Doug is colorblind with an opinion. (The opinion being the problematic part!) I found out that the art teacher in my school just built a house right down the street. I'm hoping to enlist her expertise, but I haven't told her that yet. I might post some pictures of rooms sometime if I get the chance because I seriously need help and I don't want it to be ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment