Doug called during his super long commute today because he was stuck in really bad traffic. Usually traffic is pretty non-existent on his route which is the only thing that makes the hour plus commute bearable. Traffic on I-70 West was at a stand still to the point where he had been in the same place for 20 minutes and decided to turn off his car. We have not purchased a GPS system (yet) so he called in frustration for some help. I figured I would make my book reading, spring breaking, teacher butt useful and get online to check Google maps for an alternate route.
While on there, I discovered a neat Google Maps traffic feature. It showed right where the accident was so I was able to route Doug back onto the road after the accident.
Here is a screen shot of the amazingness that is Google maps traffic:
| Google never ceases to amaze me! |
Wow, that is pretty cool!!! And that SUCKS about the nail pops. More work, blah!
ReplyDeleteYeh that's pretty much the best thing ever. I totally could use a GPS in my car because I get lost and I don't know which way is north unless I'm in Provo and look towards Timp, then I know that's north. But once I'm out of provo, there's no hope. James gets lots of calls from me when I'm driving somewhere.
ReplyDelete