Monday, April 27, 2009

Nothing New

... except a lawnmower! I know, not too exciting.

Don't really have anything new going on. Doug and I are currently trying to keep what little lawn we have from dying. I seem to remember that grass grew TOO much when I was growing up and we didn't even have sprinklers. Now we have to worry about watering our lawn, fertilizing it, and all that stuff. I don't live in Utah. I live in beautiful, green Virginia. The grass should grow on its own, but it doesn't.

We went to Home Depot on Saturday to get a lawnmower. Our $50 craigslist purchase works, but unfortunately I can't start it and Doug is not home to be able to mow the lawn like he always has. While we were at the store, we were having quite the time even taking the thing off the shelf and loading it into our cart. Some friendly shoppers offered to help, but we basically had it by then.

We didn't even think until we were bringing it out to the car that it might not fit... While we were trying to pick it up to put it in the trunk, another friendly fellow shopper offered to help us out. My comment, "Wow, there are a lot of nice people at Home Depot today!" Doug's comment, "I need to work out more. People must think I'm too scrawny!"

Luckily, it fit! With a few Ninja kicks to the box to get in it the rest of the way, we were on our way.

3 comments:

  1. Were you guys able to get it OUT of the trunk alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this made me laugh, because i can totally see it happening. I love Doug's comment. That's funny. James thinks he (james, not doug) needs to work out again, now that he has gained so much weight since being married and hasn't worked out once. haha. Poor guy. I don't think he's ever had a chubby belly in his life.

    ReplyDelete