Monday, August 17, 2009

Day at the Zoo!

Doug and I took Allie and Katie to the National Zoo in Washington, DC while they were visiting this weekend. We rode the Metro in and then walked up the hill to the zoo. The National Zoo is great because it's FREE! Doug mentioned while we were walking that the National Zoo was one of the only things that he can say he's truly happy about having his tax dollars spent on these days...

This is mine and Doug's third time to the National Zoo together. The first time we went we happened to show up the day that the famous baby panda was born. We didn't even realize it until we were standing there at the exhibit and all of these news cameras started pouring in. We LOVE going to the National Zoo!

We covered a pretty good portion of the zoo considering that we had a 7 year old with us. Allie was quite the trooper until the end. I had a blast taking pictures with my Nikon D40 combined with the awesome lens my sister got for me. As we walked around the zoo, I took a mental count of the people wearing digital SLR's around their necks and the majority of them were men surprisingly enough. I took a ton of pictures, but I only chose a few of my favorites to post on my blog. I combined many shots into one picture using the collage function on Picasa. The rest of them if you want to see them are on my Facebook.

Katie and Allie posing with an eagle statue.

Left Picture: Me catching Allie comparing her tongue to that of a tiger's. 
Right Picture: Katie had a butterfly land on her.

Some of my favorite shots of animals for the day.

Jellyfish from the invertebrates exhibit.

BIRDS! The one to the top right is a STORK! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment