Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SALSA!

Our garden has produced a lot of tomatoes this year... too much to just have with salad and such, so my mom and I made salsa.


We sliced up green peppers, jalapenos, onions, and of course tomatoes.


I had quite the MEMORABLE learning experience while cutting up the jalapenos. I had some hair in my face. Without thinking, I moved the hair out of my face and accidentally touched my cheek. My cheek started burning so I ran to the bathroom and splashed water in my face. Unfortunately, I still had all of the juices from the jalapenos on my hands. The whole area around my eyes burned and became really red... yeah, OUCH!


We threw everything into a big pot and added some extra ingredients. It was only suppose to cook for 20 minutes with the recipe we were following, but it still was really soupy so we cooked it longer and added some tomato paste to thicken it.


I think it turned out okay, but I still haven't had the chance to try it with chips.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! that looks great! We went to Los Hermanos yesterday and it made me think of you guys.

    ReplyDelete