Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weekend at Grandma's

Doug and I went this last weekend to see his Grandma. It's been really busy lately with Doug's training, so we were glad to finally get out for some peace and quiet. Doug's little sisters Allie and Katie are staying at Grandma's for the next three weeks. (So maybe it wasn't that peaceful and quiet...) We had lots of yummy food and grandma gave me some ideas for the masses of tomatoes I have coming out of my garden. Doug and I love going up to Grandma's house. The food is amazing AND Grandma has a porch swing! Grandma has a story to tell about EVERYTHING in her house. It's always fun!

Doug grew up near his grandparents, so we went by his old house and elementary school. We walked in the woods behind his house, played on the playground at his elementary school, and found fossils in an old stream that he visited as a kid. Doug just loves reminiscing the old times. (I can confirm this with the boxes that we have down in the basement with all of his childhood toys!)

While the girls and Doug were on the playground, I took the opportunity to take a bunch of pictures with the new camera lens that my sister got me!

A pretty flower!


Doug and Katie walking in the woods behind his old house.


Doug showing a fossil to Allie.

Whenever Allie saw these digging things at the playground she asked Doug if kids could dig and find money in there. Doug answered, "Sometimes, if they're lucky!" He then snuck over to the car when she wasn't looking to get some change and dropped it in the dirt. She looked like she had just won the lottery when she found a nickel in the wood chips!

Digging for money!


Katie!


Allie on the teeter totter.

Allie really wanted to get on the monkey bars, but didn't really have the upper body strength required. She stood there for a while swinging on the first wrung with her feet on the platform until Doug offered to take her on his shoulders to the other end.


Doug was playing just like a little kid. Katie and him got on the teeter totter... and almost broke it, so they went over and started jumping off the swings!


We're borrowing the girls this coming weekend to possibly go down to DC and visit the National Zoo or White House. I'm hoping that the weather forecast cooperates with us!

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you today...why? Because a Kirby salesman cleaned my carpet-shampooed it for free!! I didn't buy the vacuum and I didn't feel one bit guilty for taking his time. He still got paid for coming in. :)

    ReplyDelete