I went to Aunt Paula's house to meet grandma to pick up the girls today. Paula's house is on this really steep hill and I always make sure to put my parking brake on. I had just loaded the girls and their stuff in the car and was pushing the passenger side door when I thought I saw the car move back a little. For a second I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me but NO, THE CAR WAS ACTUALLY ROLLING DOWN THE HILL WITH ALLIE AND KATIE INSIDE! I ran as fast as I could and jumped in the driver's seat and slammed on the brakes. It turned out that one of Katie's bags hit the shifter and knocked it out of park. I thought that thing was supposed to lock in place or something. My knees were shaking so bad when we finally drove away! Whew!
We're now SAFE and hanging out at my parents' house. We picked a large trash bag full of tomatoes and I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all of them. We're planning on taking the girls to the National Zoo tomorrow. I have the batteries for both of my cameras charging so hopefully I'll have some good pictures!
OMG! How scary is that! I am so glad everything turned out ok!
ReplyDelete