Yippee!
Yesterday was the first day of school. This year I am starting my fourth year of teaching. Can you believe it?? I was so antsy the night before that I packed my lunch several hours early and laid out my outfit for the next day. You'd think I would've gotten over this stuff by now.
Anyways, I got to meet all 21 of my students for the next school year and I know all of their names already. (I don't think that I had the names down that quickly years 1-3.) Lucky for me, everything went very smoothly. All of my students were at the same school last year, so I didn't need to do any extra tours or introductions. The kids are always really good the first day. As we stand at the door greeting the children in the morning, we always comment on how quiet the classrooms are the first day knowing that this is the last day/week that they will ever be that good again. The honeymoon stage is always nice. It varies every year how long it lasts. This year I am hoping to get at least a full week.
Turns out that we're watching the Obama speech this Thursday as a school. Parents were sent home a note today and have the option of opting their child out of the speech for an alternate activity. I'm fine about the content of the speech, but I don't like that I don't really have the choice whether or not I'm going to show it. I had a cool math activity planned for that block. I hope this is beneficial to my students. I'll let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment