Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Day After...

When I am not talking (which isn't too often) I like to think and reflect on my days. More often then not, this happens during my long commute in the morning and and afternoon. Also being home and having no one to talk to also has increased my personal reflection time.

These are my reflections on my car breaking down...

Things I am Thankful For:
-I left home at 6:30am instead of 6:00am, so the sun was rising and people could see my car (and not crash into me!) even when the flashers stopped working.
-I have family nearby that can rescue me AND loan me an extra car if I ever need it.
-I have a cell phone.
-Two people from my school stopped to help and comfort.
-Two strangers actually turned around and stopped to ask if I needed help.
-The police officer was very kind and understanding, even though he had just worked the last 12 hours and was on his way home.
-I had specialty classes in the morning, so I didn't have to take time for a sub.
-When I got to school, my students were extremely understanding and were good for me on my not so good day.
-My car was fixed and ready for me to pick up at the end of the school day.
-A coworker took me over to pick up my car so I didn't have to ask my family to drive an hour to get me from work at the end of the day.
-It was only the alternator and not something worse.
-My battery was still good so I didn't have to buy a new one.
-The repairman was friendly and even recognized me when I came to pick up my car.

Things I Learned:
-If there is a warning light going off in your car and the repair people tell you that it can wait, it can't.
-It costs $85 to tow a car 1 mile.
-You should have a plan in place if your car breaks down. Have a tow company in mind and their number in your car or programmed into your phone.
-Police Officers are still ON DUTY even when they are driving home.
-A radar gun makes a sound for the officer as you increase or decrease your speed.
-Radar guns can get your speed from far away.
-Police are people too. :)
-People should slow way down when driving by policemen directing traffic. He kept on having to yell at them to "Slow Down!" and some people almost clipped him or his car. I thought people showed more respect to policemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment