My car is getting up there in the years. It is '99 Honda Accord with about 180,000 miles on it. A couple years ago Doug and I were trying to decide if we wanted to sell my car and buy a new one or keep it and "run it into the ground." We feel kind of sentimental about my car because it was our first big purchase together when we were dating. It has been a good car for the most part, so there was really no reason to get rid of it.
Last week on Friday on the way to work, some lights went off on the dashboard as I was accelerating. When I accelerate the emergency brake light, the battery light, and the door lights all flash on. It is rather weird. When it happened the first time, I turned off the air and the radio and just listened to my car. It's not driving ANY differently and its not making any weird sounds, but these lights are lighting up whenever I accelerate.
Doug drove my car over the weekend and determined that it started at about 2,000rpms. A couple days later, the lights are now turning on at about 1,500rpms.
I went to my car shop on Saturday to get my oil changed. Whenever I told them what was happening, the two guys there just gave each other this look and then told me that it would probably take a while to figure out and asked me if I wanted to spend my Saturday hanging out in their lobby. Of course, my answer was no because my weekend time with Doug is precious and I went home. I mean, my car isn't driving any differently, right?
So, now I'm starting to get a little nervous. It is just some lights randomly going off or am I going to be stuck on the side of the road driving to or from work.
No comments:
Post a Comment