Saturday, August 28, 2010

See You in Two Years

 Little Chris!

 Today, we dropped off my brother Chris at the airport.  It is the last time that we will see him for two years.  We will write letters back and forth and get calls from him on Christmas and Mother's Day.  He will be serving a mission in Mexico City, Mexico for our church.  I miss him already, but I know that he will be a great missionary.  I saw this group or something on Facebook that had a definition of missionary that I liked.
Missionary: someone who leaves their family for two years so others can spend eternity with theirs.

Here is the family plus Shelly's BFF who happened to be spending the night.

Liza and Chris (Then and Now)

 Shelly and Chris

Johnny and Chris

Mom and Chris

 Dad and Chris

Unloading at the airport

Saying goodbye

Dad helping Chris with his luggage

Watching Chris walk into the terminal


Chris will be spending a couple days with my grandparents out in Utah before reporting to the MTC this Tuesday.  I'm in the process of setting up a separate mission blog for Chris.  I will be posting his emails and typing up his letters for the family.  I'm hoping that I can make it into a book when he gets back and give it to him as a coming home present in 2 years.

 You're going to be a SUPER missionary, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment