Leslie, Doug's aunt, was visiting grandma as well so we got to hang out with her a little bit. I think Allie and her became BFF's the two overlap days that we got to spend with her before she headed back home. Here are some pictures of Leslie doing Allie's nails.
We went to the local library and checked out some books. I sat down in the children's section reading Sharon Creech's book, Finding Redbird. Allie started up a conversation with a little boy the same age as her in the library and before you knew it they were best friends playing a game of Monopoly. I got Katie started on Walk Two Moons, one of Sharon Creech's books as well which happens to be one of my my favorites. Doesn't she look so studious in this picture of her reading!
Then later in the day while Grandma and Katie went to the grocery store, Allie and I decided to go to the playground at a nearby elementary school. I was able to snap some pictures of her hamming it up there.
I love this picture to the right. It reminds of me of Doug's face when he sings to the Rick Roll song in the car. If you don't know about the internet phenomenon of "being Rick Roll'd" click here. Allie decided that she wanted a shot of me as well, so here is a picture of the all natural, unplucked, unbrushed, no make-up, air dried hair... Jenny as photographed by an 8 year old. (She didn't do a bad job!)
We then came home for our nightly ritual of sitting of the porch while eating some yummy icecream cones and counting bats as it gets dark. Grandma needed to water her front plants, so her and Allie had a little unexpected fun with the water hose. It started with, "Grandma, can I wet my hair down a little bit?"
You may ask, "Where was Katie during all of this?" She decided to take Leslie's advice on "the best nap ever" which occurs on the front porch swing at Grandma's house.
Grandma also is teaching me how to knit. I'm starting out with a scarf. I think we'll be going to the knitting group tomorrow so I can show everyone my newly obtained mad knitting skills.
Below is the start of my FIRST EVER knitting project. It started out a little rough at first, but I've started to get the hang of it now. I don't think I'll be knitting any sweaters anytime soon though.
No comments:
Post a Comment