Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stuck at Home

Last week, Doug was in Vegas for a conference for work and I was stuck at home.

They DO have slot machines at the airport!

He was staying in the Bellagio and I was stuck at home.

 The famous Bellagio Hotel in Vegas.

The view from Doug's hotel room.

Some pictures from the inside of his room... *sniffle*

 He got his picture taken with one of the top 5 famous hackers, Kevin Mitnik and I was stuck at home.

The guy NEVER takes pictures with people, but the way Doug was able to get a picture with him is a funny story.  Kevin Mitnik had just finished a presentation in which he gave tips on social engineering.  One being, "If you want something from someone, start with something really BIG and then ask for something smaller."  Doug approached him afterward and asked, "Will you be the father of my first-born son?!" in which he responded, "Uh, No." Then Doug asked, "Well, can I get a picture with you?"  He laughed and said, "Sure!"  No one else got pictures with him. :)

He was watching awesome presenters on social engineering, hacking ATM machines, and cyber warfare and I was... well you get the picture.  (Those are linked to some awesome articles that were written about the convention.)

I was a little bitter that I didn't get to go to Vegas with Doug, (Can you tell?) but I'm happy that he's home now and I'm not stuck at home alone anymore

1 comment:

  1. That's great how he got that photo! Next trip to Vegas, you'll have to go along!:)

    ReplyDelete