Thursday, March 5, 2009

Future Writer?

I assign my students topics to write about on a weekly basis in their journals. Usually one day of the week, I give them a "Free Choice." I really do HATE grading journals with a passion, but I have one student that I can't wait to read their journal. He definitely could have a future in writing... if only I could get him to capitalize his I's on a regular basis.

Here are two of my favorite entries. The first is a free choice written earlier in the year. In the second one he was supposed to write about what he thought it would be like to be one of the original Jamestown settlers.





Can you see some improvement in his writing?

2 comments:

  1. He is a pretty funny writer! Kids crack me up! Especially the half-wit comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is the funniest thing ever. I must remember to show this to James when he gets home from work, he will die. And it reminds me very much of this kid I was best friends with college...he always complained about everything and how stupid people were, but they way he said it just made you laugh so you couldn't help but love him despite all his negativity. Haha. What a good read.

    ReplyDelete