Monday, August 9, 2010

Ramen Ripoff??

Those of you that know me personally, know that I LOVE Ramen noodles, like A LOT.  Many people told me that this "phase" would end.  They told me, "After you eat them every day in college, you'll start hating them."

It hasn't happened, not yet... not EVER.

My favorite is Chicken flavor.  If I want to switch things up a bit, Cajun Chicken flavor.  I used to follow the directions on the bag and cook it in the broth, but now I boil the noodles, drain the water, and then put the seasoning on the noodles.  When I'm traveling, I'll usually bring a Cup O' Noodles for the plane ride and ask the flight attendant for some hot water. 

Well, I stumbled upon something VERY unsettling today.

Captioned: Cup O Noodles is ripping us off!

I didn't want to believe it.  I knew that there HAD to be a reason for this!  Upon further investigation, I discovered the following:

The "secret" to the Cup O Noodles and the explanation for that space
if you want to skip ahead is at 5:26 on the movie.

All is right in the world once again.  Hmm... I think I feel like having some Ramen about right now!

2 comments:

  1. As a fellow Ramen fan, I'm glad to know there is a reason. I always wondered how all that water fit in there.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for inexpensive meals that are quick for the nights when husband is at work and i don't have to cook....amazingly Ramen noodles had fallen off my radar. They are back on now though. Thanks! I went shopping today and got a bunch

    ReplyDelete