Doug and I flew out to Utah to stay with his family this Christmas. We have a rotation where we switch the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas with our families each year. We have actually stuck to this schedule for the last 5 years that we have lived in Virginia. Unfortunately with a little one on the way, it won't be as simple to just jump on a plane out to Utah. (Doug has a major pet peeve that involves screaming children on airplanes.)
We borrowed the Jeep and spent our first weekend down at my grandparents' house in Provo. I got to see several cousins on my mom's side of the family. My cousin Richard and his amazing wife, Mindy had a party at their new beautiful home. We had a white elephant gift exchange where Doug and I made out with some yummy chocolates and Martinelli's. We had a blast! It was a good thing that we drove the Jeep because we started getting a pretty significant accumulation of snow Sunday night and I-15 can be pretty treacherous.
On Christmas Eve, we made and decorated sugar cookies, exchanged gifts with Morgan and her husband Brad, ate our traditional meat, cheese, and crackers dinner by candlelight, and then drove to see some Christmas lights displays. Morgan crocheted a cute little lamb for Leah's nursery and included a gift card and a mustache pacifier. :)
That night, I had a really hard time sleeping. I was so excited to give Doug his presents!!!! See, my husband is notorious for being able to guess Christmas presents before he even opens them, and I was extra sneaky this year. He had NO CLUE what he was getting!! :)
We did go a little more overboard this year than we usually do, but this is the last Christmas that will just be about us with Leah on the way and my last Christmas for a long while with a full time job since I will be staying home. So, here's the official run down on the Christmas presents this year.
What Doug got Jenny:
-Thai Ruby and Diamond Necklace
-Hand-carved Teak Hope Chest from Thailand
What Jenny got Doug:
-Cherry Display Rack for his Challenge Coins
-Monopod/Walking Stick for his Camera when he travels
-Microsoft Surface Tablet 64GB with Black Keyboard
Doug is much more of a thoughtful person than I, but I think I was able to make him feel special for Christmas! It was a great Christmas, but I can't wait for next year when we will get to celebrate with a little one!






No comments:
Post a Comment