Doug has family down near Richmond that we started visiting more frequently about 2 years ago. When grandma was diagnosed with cancer, she went to go live with Al and Leslie. Al is a doctor and Leslie is a nurse, so grandma was in good hands. Two years later, there hasn't been much of an improvement in grandma's health, but I have been able to get to know Doug's family better through our visits south.
Al and Leslie have several grandchildren and a Al has a very unique hobby. He finds antique woodworking tools and restores them. He has handcrafted several different things, but one of his specialties are cradles that he has made for his grandchildren. I never thought that I would even be considered for such a treasure, but the last time Doug went down to visit (I was unfortunately unable to go.) he came back with this...
A hand-made, custom designed mahogany cradle made especially for us. You can only imagine the all of the balling I did upon seeing this in my living room.



Wow! Treasure is right!
ReplyDelete