Sunday, December 30, 2012

Progress!

Yesterday, I ordered all the furniture for the nursery! I'm getting a convertible crib with a three position mattress, a shorter dresser that will be good as a diaper changing station, and a glider and ottoman. All for under $600! I'm a little nervous about it all matching. I'm pretty sure from the reviews that the dresser and crib will match, but I'm unsure about the glider. The crib and dresser are an espresso cherry and I decided to go with the cherry glider rather than the espresso one.

I always say that I'm taking this one kid at a time, but I'm hoping to be able to use all of this furniture for our next one if we are blessed once again. During this last doctor's appointment, I talked to my doctor about future pregnancies. She said that I will basically be on some form of hormonal birth control to treat the endometriosis for the rest of my life unless I am pregnant, but that I should be able to get pregnant again.

The nice thing about pregnancy is that it actually TREATS the disease. They've been keeping an eye on my endometrioma during each ultrasound and it's actually showing the improvement that my doctor wanted to see with the Depo Lupron that put me through a temporary menopause earlier this year. So far, pregnancy has been much better than menopause because I'll get a baby at the end!

The furniture will be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully, I'll be able to decide on a nursery color (most likely a light green that is a warmer-ish shade) and paint the walls while the room is still empty.

This will all seem a little more real once I have a genuine nursery set up!





2 comments:

  1. Heads up with the convertible crib if you ever plan on converting it you may want to buy the stuff now. I did the same thing and then went to buy the conversion kit they no longer sell them. I ended up having to buy a toddler bed and they don't sell the kit to make it into a full size bed so it will forever just be a crib.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so cheap. I guess should probably just buy them now. It just seems SO far away. I'm not sure if we'll have overseas travel in our future, so I'm worried about having too much in storage, Maybe I should stop making excuses. Thanks for the tip Heather!

      Delete